1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Anyone have issues with these UK channels?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Chris Johnson, Nov 11, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Musician
    I live in the UK.

I have a good Virgin Media internet connection and I have no other problems other than with these couple of UK channels. I have used other IPTV providers before and i have come accross these problems on certain channels. Im not sure if it's something to do with the way the channel is streamed/encoded.

I've tested these on all of my devices. Laptop with Kodi, Laptop with VLC, Amazon FireTV stick with Kodi, Amazon FireTV Stick with IPTV Player, Android phone with Kodi, Android phone with IPTV Player.

sky atlantic (picture perfect on vlc but no sound. sound and picture with constant buffer on kodi and out of sync, Audio only with IPTV player)
    sky premierehd (picture perfect on vlc but no sound. sound and picture with constant buffer on kodi and out of sync. Audio only with IPTV player)
    vipuk discovery (picture perfect on vlc but no sound. sound and picture with constant buffer on kodi and out of sync. Audio only with IPTV player)
    cbs reality out of sync. audio is behind picture by approximately 30 seconds.
    Drama Channel (picture perfect on vlc but no sound. sound and picture with constant buffer on kodi and out of sync. Audio only with IPTV player)
    sky movies comedy (picture perfect on vlc but no sound. sound and picture with constant buffer on kodi and out of sync. Audio only with IPTV player)

Anyone else have this problem or problems with other channels?

:confused:

Tags:
  2. suziedog

suziedog New Member

30%
    Liked:
    I have the same setup with Virgin. However as I write this most UK channels are down including the VIP channels, so I dont know whats going on but I find the inconsistany very annoying!

On the buffering and no sound issue on certain channels, yes I get the same sometimes. Ive contacted support and then made endless checks aii of which have resulted in nothing. After telling me I had perfect connections to their servers they then asked me to try a differnt internet, blamed my apps and did everything but admit their streams may be at fault!

To give you an example, this morning I put Sky Sports 1 HD on VLC on my MAC, what did I get - BBC 1???

I think the service is pretty good but they really need to get to grips with their streaming techniques instead of jumping to the usual conclusion that we are always wrong when we complain.

Zed Sefi likes this.
  3. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Musician
    Hi.

I just had a check vlc for quickness. I found that all of the GB channels were working (17.40pm), but none of the VIP channels including ones from other countries work. This needs to be fixed!!!

I think i've established that the buffering and no sound is down to the original source stream as later on after writing the post, 2 of the channels had been fixed. I know that the source doesn't come from RapidIPTV so obviously we can't blame them for a dodgy stream now and then. However, if the channel was continuously knackered, i would expect it to be removed from their service and be replaced with a new source.

As far as quality goes, i have to say its very good. I was a customer of wss and i had quite a few issues with some of their streams. For example, none of the discovery channels would play properly unless i turned deinterlacing off. Even with it off, it wasn't 100% smooth playback. You could tell it was a stream. There are also more channels here than there was at wss.

With regard to support, i've found that there has been good communication and you get a response pretty quick. I have multiple devices. Raspberry Pi's, Firetv Stick and laptops and i've tested on all of them to see if i get the same errors across platform. I came stuck with my raspberry pi and although Kodi would load the channels list into IPTV Simple Client, it wouldn't play them. As i had the streams running through kodi on firetv and laptop, i assumed that there was a problem with my Raspberry Pi not being allowed to connect to the server. I.e Mac address. I contacted support and they checked stuff and said it was a kodi problem. I changed the http to my old account at wss and they played fine so i insisted to support that my kodi was fine. They said try without port :8080. i did but it didnt work. They said try different internet. I used my 4g as a hotspot and connected through that but still the channels wouldn't play.

I was running OSMC version of kodi on my Raspberry pi so i changed to Xbian version, retried and the channels played straight away. It seems as though support was right and that it was a kodi problem. Perhaps there's something in the streams that won't work with the OSMC version of kodi on a pi, however, im not technically minded enough to know what.

Good to know that we've experienced similar problems and between us all, hopefully we can iron out the creases and make it a great service if admins will work with us.

Cheers

Chris

4. suziedog

suziedog New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Hi Chris,

By the way my name is Graham I tend to use the suziedog name on forums.

I have just sent a ticket to support regarding the VIP outage and channels working without sound, Ill post again when I get a reply.

5. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Musician
    I sent a support ticket also. Channels fixed now. Pretty decent response time.

:)

6. Zed Sefi

Zed Sefi New Member

30%
    Liked:
    I am having these issues as well. Since Friday I noticed that most of my favorite HD streams started buffering after about 5 minutes of playing time. Sky Sports, music channels and several other UK channels are the ones affected the most, especially the HD/VIP ones.

In the beginning I thought it is because of my network. I checked my connection's speed and found out that it is still pretty fast, then I connected the device to another network that we have, and the problem remained. Then I tried the service on another android device and I even took the other device home to try it at home instead of my shop, but as you have guessed, it was all just a waste of my time.

Right now I am testing Sky Sports HD1 (Gemany) which is an HD VIP channel, and it works wonderfully without any issues. Therefore my conclusion is that some of the VIP channels have become unreliable, and their servers need to be changed/updated with new working feeds.

Until then, I don't know what to do. Yes I know that Rapid IPTV is still a beta service, but I was hoping that these issues would be minor. Right now the service is completely unusable in my shop, as my customers will be pretty annoyed and they may not return back due to their bad experience in watching their favorite channels with all of these stutterings, bufferings, cuttings off and even Kodi's crashings sometimes.

I hope that Rapid technicians will sort it out pretty soon.

All regards,
    Zed

7. tarkanuk

tarkanuk Reseller Reseller

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    n/a
    Any problem guys let us know so we can raise the issue and get it fixed

if noone reports problems via the ticket system then channels will not get looked at

8. emmyambo

emmyambo New Member

30%
    Liked:
    I have optical fiber from Movistar in Spain with 300 MB download. The VIP Mexican channels and many of the US impossible to watch because they get frozen continuously.
    Most of the European channels seem to work fine.
    I insist we have not ITV. You're broadcasting ITV1 (ITV + 1 hour delay broadcast)
    Sorrry I have a similar post in the wrong place
    Thxs

9. Rapid IPTV

Rapid IPTV Administrator Staff Member Administrator

100%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Everything
    Can you name the channels please?
    about ITV we have 6 channels: Itv Italia, ITV Encore, ITV1 ITV2 ITV3 and ITV4. I don't understand the problem with ITV1 ...