1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Benefits of the different viewing platform's?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by naughtiusmaximus, Sep 22, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. naughtiusmaximus

naughtiusmaximus New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Vlc
    Hello everyone!
    New user here based in Norway. Before I go head first into this iptv business I was looking for some advice from preferably experienced users on which platform gives the best viewing experience as I am fortunate enough to have access to the main ones (I have a smart tv, pc hooked up to the same TV (56") and an older android box that I would be willing to upgrade on if it enhanced the viewing experience sufficiently). I have so far only tried rapidiptv on the pc using vlc due to the android box being old and freezing up and my smart tv's remote control being ruined (I use an app to control the TV that doesn't support the smart function) and found that it works great but is not particularly user friendly. So I assume that a really good android box like the nvidia shield or the minix neo u1 would enhance the viewing experience somewhat but how much really? And will the experience be better than on a smart TV? What gives the most stable stream and picture quality?
    Replies from what looks like a great community much appreciated!

Tags:
  2. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    There is a zaza remote for android phone that works very well. If you ask me i would order original remote for tv and use a smart iptv app for watching. Expireance is the same with small difarance which is that you can take your tv box with you and tv not.

3. fireballxl5

fireballxl5 Reseller Reseller

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Everything
    Reseller Username:
    fireballxl5
    The stream quality / viewing experience mostly depends on the Internet connection. If low bandwidth, wave good bye to HD streams. I get great viewing all day long, but in the evening HD streams stop/start however SD is fine. I use Windows 10 PC, a variery of low cost Android boxes (about €50.00) and 3 different models of Enigma 2 based satellite receiver. I prefer the E2 boxes because the remote control is common across the satellite and IPTV channels but the picture quality is the same regardless of what kit is being used so in the end it just comes down to which software app you like best. E2 boxes don't have EPG info but I am working on that.
    Cheers

4. naughtiusmaximus

naughtiusmaximus New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Vlc
    Thanks for your replies guys.

So, really it's a question of taste and convenience then? I figured that the quality wouldn't be any better with a better box but that a more powerful processor and a good RAM would keep the stream more stable but that's completely dependant on your Internet connection ? In which case I have a roughly 30 megabit connection so that should suffice plenty. I will indeed get a replacement remote control for the TV then and give the smart TV a whirl before investing in a proper android box. Thanks for the advice

5. katandbri

katandbri New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    kodi
    Hi,

Which particular low cost android boxes have you tried ?

6. fireballxl5

fireballxl5 Reseller Reseller

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Everything
    Reseller Username:
    fireballxl5
    Hi katandbri
    The one sitting on my desk at the moment is the Leelbox MXQ Pro 4K whic I got from amazon. It's OK in that it works and was less than €50.

7. Cuvillier

Cuvillier Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MINIX Neo U1
    Reseller Username:
    cuvillier
    Minix neo u1 now

8. katandbri

katandbri New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    kodi
    Have you tested the 4K functionality?
    From my point of view, the drawback is limited 1G ram. Currently I'm using openelec on a desktop with a USB DVB-T2 stick to pick up local channels. Will research if DVB-T2 usb sticks work on Android otherwise I'll need to find a way to boot openelec on it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.