1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

custom build on kodi no tv guide working

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Installation Guides' started by jimevz, Oct 27, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. jimevz

jimevz New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    kodi
    i have a custom build on kodi from top tutorials, i done all the settings on kodi in rapidtv's video tutorial on youtube but the problem is that when the epg loads up and i choose a channel it asks me to pick a stream from an app that i already have installed in kodi and doesn't load from the .m3u so the big question im asking is there any tv guides i can install in kodi that will solve my problem without having to revert back to the boring kodi with no apps

Tags:
  2. Swift IPTV

Swift IPTV Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Kodi / Android / MAG
    Reseller Username:
    swiftiptv
    Try the build in "Guide" or EPG on the PVR client. Be aware though - If you're using Rapid's EPG, it will take a while to load EPG data for 3000+ channels and the guide may take a while to appear. You'll need to add in the URL for the EPG in the PVR client settings. You'll also probably have to clear all data from the TV tab to force a refresh.

Good luck :)

3. jimevz

jimevz New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    kodi
    iv tried everything but it just wont load from the m3u ts just loading form the third party apps

4. Swift IPTV

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Kodi / Android / MAG
    Reseller Username:
    swiftiptv
    I'll try my best to explain :)

You've installed a custom build which is basically a pre-configured setup. This usually installs third party addons, programs, services and settings.

Your "EPG" that you are using is a program addon which basically pulls EPG data and then asks the user for what action to take when that channel is selected (from your video addons). Ie. If you have multiple video addons that offer the same channel it can remember what action you took and load it from that source every time. It is not an EPG that is being loaded by the PVR client and also therefore not linked to your playlist. That's why you only get options to load the channel from an addon. The PVR client is not a program nor is it a video addon. The PVR client is an addon but it is accessed in a different way to all the other addons.

When you set up the PVR client, have a look at the EPG tab. You'll input an EPG source (such as Rapid IPTVs). The PVR client has its own EPG and this can be accessed from Live TV (or "TV) -> Guide. You cannot integrate a third party EPG program addon with the PVR client as the program addon cannot read PVR data.

harryporter likes this.
  5. Meebo

Meebo New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    RPi-2B / SmartTV
    If I load the guide through Frontpage - TV - Guide then Kodi crashes. It only works for me personally when I open the channels and browse through it that way. Or using the remote app on my iPhone.

6. Pho

Pho New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Kodi
    You need to configure the epg to use this url: http://secure.clientportal.link/epg/guide.xml.gz you do that in the settings.

7. Swift IPTV

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Kodi / Android / MAG
    Reseller Username:
    swiftiptv
    Same for me, Kodi has a problem loading EPG data for 3000+ channels! I use the serbianforum EPG instead as if Kodi crashes it takes a while to restart and import all the data again.

It does help if you go to channels and change your group first (to make the list smaller).

8. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Delete epg database in Settings/TV/Guide/Clear Data, select also Dont cache in local database and Prevent updates during playback. Restart Kodi.

Let me know if that works

Meebo and Swift IPTV like this.
  9. Meebo

Meebo New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    RPi-2B / SmartTV
    That works perfectly! Thank you. Will try this for a while.

It would be great if there's an option to skip part of the EPG though cause loading takes so long when Kodi restarts for example. Serbian EPG is not an option for since I miss many channels in there.

10. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Option that i gaved you is skipping epg load while watching channel just click on tv and go to wanted channel and Epg loading will stop while you watching. When When you dont watch channels Kodi will load epg.