1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

EPG Data E2 - VU+ Zero 4k

Discussion in 'Enigma2 Devices' started by Klaste, Oct 3, 2016.

Tags:
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Klaste

Klaste New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    VU+ Solo 4k
    Hi there,

I imported the list via telnet and created own boquets, everything's fine so far.
    Is it possible to see the EPG like regular in regular tv channels?
    The XCplugin with EPG is working, but I prefer the regular view.
    Is there any solution to that?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. joniale

joniale New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Vu+Duo
    Hi,

I understand that the XCplugin is not all what you expect. I have feel the same. XD
    I was able to see EPG with OPENVIX 4.2. Once you import your bouquet to your enigma box then you have to activate the EPG import configuration. THe so called Rytec sources for your channels. Menu:configuration:system:EPG:epgimporter:sources. Of course, Your provider must include this (standard rytec epg) information in the iptv bouquet list you downloaded, in order to allow this.
    I must say i have tried this with a different provider (not rapidiptv), i don´t know if they are supporting this.

Where i saw a problem is with autotimers using EPG on iptv. I found that my box was having a lot of crashes. Maybe you dont see that becuase you have a newer box (maybe too many iptv epg channels to search for autotimer). However, i fear that is a software problem with the enigma2 autotimer feature using EPG on iptv.
    The advantage of using the regular view or regular enigma2\openvix features is that you can also RECORD the iptv channels without problems. I can confirm you this. Again that has been tested with other provider but i think that hasn´t to do with the provider but with the gstreamer code that has your box image. In my case OPENVIX 4.2 support recording from IPTV with only one subscription.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  3. reverend

reverend New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Win7/Kodi and Enigma2
    I've made my Enigma2 channel list and associated EPG (Rytek) files with a combination of '2Boom’s m3u/bouquet converter' and a lot of manual effort, with a lot of help from the Rytek forum.
    So the channels are viewable, recordable and I can use the in built EPG.
    I also found that the box crashes under certain conditions when trying to set an auto timer. This can be worked around though.

A bigger problem I am finding is that recordings often end after only a few minutes. The box appears to struggle to record the streams if they are broken up at all. It needs a really consistent bitrate stream I guess, as it is used to a TV mux.

Still investigating. It may be that recording on Kodi works much better. I am yet to try that....

4. joniale

joniale New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Vu+Duo
    All your problems and efforts would be solve if you change your provider. A provider with better stable bitrates and a provider that provide you already the EPG information in your bouquet. On the other side, OPENVIX should also include an option in recording options to not stop the recording if the source dissapears.

The problem of the autotimers remains. I still haven't found how to workaround that.

I don't like KODI not only because only works in fast new boxes but because it can be considered just a skin plugin. I like to use the delivered OPENVIX image, but that is a personal taste.

5. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Check my post about Enigma2 EPG https://rapidiptv.com/threads/logo-and-epg.1079/page-18#post-18942