1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

HD Quality

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by OllyDeepJoy, Nov 18, 2016.

Tags:
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. OllyDeepJoy

OllyDeepJoy New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 250
    Yesterday was my 1st day having a look at the service and Id like to say I am very impressed with it all. I really am pleased. This is the way to go, for sure.
    With my Panasonic Viera and my cable TV service, I receive very good HD service, especially sport.
    I note that the HD quality on IPTV varies a little and is not quite as good as what Im receiving. What would be the reason for that ?
    Download Speed?
    The TV networks
    The way Ive set my box up?
    Im using a Mag250 box.

This is not a complaint though, as everything is MORE than watchable, thank you RAPID.

Tags:
  2. reverend

reverend New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Win7/Kodi and Enigma2
    Yes there is quite a bit of variation in the resolution and bit rate between channels which presumably are from a variety of originating sources. Some of the streams are true HD at 1280×720 or more.

note though that a HD resolution does not actually guarantee a good picture quality. There are plenty of others ways to ruin an encode apart from bit rate. If I had a bitcoin for every 720p stream I have seen where the frame rate has not been matched with source, or the bit rate is so low that 50% of the pixels are identical.

Even under perfect conditions and when enterprise class infrastructure is properly architected and managed, a top tier HD stream is still far inferior to a high (or well architected variable) bitrate traditional broadcast at 1080i in my opinion.

It would be great if Rapid employed standard configuration across all channels with an HD source. That may be challenging though, and a high number of their channels do look pretty good.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  3. OllyDeepJoy

OllyDeepJoy New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 250
    Thanks for the informative reply reverend- appreciated.

Regards,

Martin