1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Legality?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Getit, Sep 20, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Getit

Getit New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Mag 254
    Hi

so I currently have a free trial for my mag 254, been trying to read up online whether I should pay for a subscription or not based on the legality, some people are saying it's illegal and some people say it's not and in a grey area, what are people's opinions, an inbreaking the law by watching a stream?

Tags:
  2. TWD-Tony

TWD-Tony New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Android Box
    It depends on the laws in any specific country...

I'm not an expert but from what I understand here in the UK it is LEGAL to watch streams because of a loophole in the law (the USA also has the same loophole I believe)

The loophole is that the only offence for an end user is "possession" of copyright material but when you stream content you never actually physically download it - you just have a few seconds in the device RAM which you can't access directly... This loophole will probably be closed eventually

As for paying for streams - you can pay for them if you want, there isn't a specific offence of "buying" copyright material as far as I know, the guys selling IPTV need to be careful though and box sellers can also be busted