1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/
  2. Dear users, Due to technical problem with major server update, we had restored our panel to 1 day ago. So every user created and each credit which was added or deducted today are back! Resellers please create your user lines again! Sorry for the inconvenience!
  3. All of Rapid's staff are working on ticket system and server maintenance at the moment. I am also helping with server maintenance and I can't answer PMs for now. Sorry.

Legality?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Getit, Sep 20, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Getit

Getit New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Mag 254
    Hi

so I currently have a free trial for my mag 254, been trying to read up online whether I should pay for a subscription or not based on the legality, some people are saying it's illegal and some people say it's not and in a grey area, what are people's opinions, an inbreaking the law by watching a stream?

Tags:
  2. TWD-Tony

TWD-Tony New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Android Box
    It depends on the laws in any specific country...

I'm not an expert but from what I understand here in the UK it is LEGAL to watch streams because of a loophole in the law (the USA also has the same loophole I believe)

The loophole is that the only offence for an end user is "possession" of copyright material but when you stream content you never actually physically download it - you just have a few seconds in the device RAM which you can't access directly... This loophole will probably be closed eventually

As for paying for streams - you can pay for them if you want, there isn't a specific offence of "buying" copyright material as far as I know, the guys selling IPTV need to be careful though and box sellers can also be busted