1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

m3u to bouquet converter with groups

Discussion in 'Enigma2 Devices' started by Graniti, Nov 13, 2016.

Tags:
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Graniti

Graniti New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Samsung TV
    Hello everybody!

I thought I would share my solution for having bouquets on Dreambox with Rapid IPTV.
    My sister uses Rapid IPTV and she had a VERY long bouquet list where it was hard to find specific channels.
    So I decided to code a solution which takes the m3u file and converts it to bouquet file.
    This is of course nothing new... but I also divide bouquet files into groups.

I have not seen a solution for this issue before so I thought you might want to try it out yourself.

Some "technical" information:
    * This is server based solution where you need to upload your m3u file that you get from Rapid IPTV.
    * The m3u file is NOT stored on the server and never will!
    * Why upload? Because I do not want to put extra traffic to Rapid IPTV servers.
    * The bouquets generated are of type "1" for OpenPLi (because this is what worked for my sister :) ). Can easily be changed to support type "4097".
    * When you upload your m3u you will be asked to download a zip file. This file contains the converted bouquets.

The address is http://m3utoenigma.rugovani.com

Let me know if you try it out and if there are any bugs/suggestions/questions.

Tags:
  2. reverend

reverend New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Win7/Kodi and Enigma2
    It works!

However it makes no attempt to put the correct service references in for the EPG to work

3. Graniti

Graniti New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Samsung TV
    Thank you for your feedback!

You are correct. It does not add any EPG references.
    I did not have any enigma bouquet lists with correctly formated EPG references.

I would appreciate it if you have a working sample bouquet that I can take a look at.
    I will then modify the code to include EPG. You can of course remove any usernames and passwords.

4. reverend

reverend New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Win7/Kodi and Enigma2
  5. Graniti

Graniti New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Samsung TV
    Got it! Thanks!

Seems to be pretty straight forward. Will need to have EPG service list and match it with the Rapid IPTV channel list.
    I will let you know if I need more information :)