1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/
  2. Clients can now change their timezone on MAG devices -> Portal -> Settings -> Localization -> Timezone
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rapid IPTV does NOT support multi-connection accounts anymore. So don't request for such accounts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Resellers should contact administrator "Rapid IPTV" for their reseller account for using in forum.
    Dismiss Notice

MAG 254 not working with new router/ISP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blueplatinum, Nov 11, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Blueplatinum

Blueplatinum New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 254
    I just changed internet service provider. Went from Vodafone LTE (using Fritzbox router) to Movistar LTE ( Huawei router).

My MAG 254 isn't working on the new router. Everything acts as normal until I select a channel or video club programme.

The channel starts eventually but takes about 5 minutes. During that time a blue channel name bar will "come and go" along the bottom if the screen.

I cannot find anyone reporting a similar priblem on the forums although I did find references to doing an "IPTV Reset" when changing routers. I have not managed to figure out how to do such a reset though!

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

2. Blueplatinum

Blueplatinum New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 254
    I tested the box on another connection (Movistar fibre) and it is working fine. Back on the LTE connection, the bahaviour has changed now (not sure what I did) - It is loading channels now but after a few minutes a red box appears at the top with "Connection Problem" in it. Then the channel list goes blank.

3. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Have you tried to update your firmware on cable?

4. RickDass

RickDass New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    kodi
    I'm just new to using a MAG 254, the channels are coming though fine, but cant load EPG data, then get "Connection Problem"

5. Blueplatinum

Blueplatinum New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 254
    Sounds similar to my problem. What internet service provider are you with and what type of router?