1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Need to seek answers for technical network questions here

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nottidude, Oct 25, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Nottidude

Nottidude Reseller Reseller

30%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    PC
    Reseller Username:
    dojime
    Hi All,
    I have just one technical question with regards to video streams performances and I hope that readers and admins here do not read me wrong here, as I am merely seeking for some form of gauge measurement to determine the viability of iptv video streaming quality for different end-user environments.

Ok, so far, its stated that we will need 30Mbits for smooth HD quality video streams, and so typically we will make use of speedtest from OOKLA to do a download / upload speed test. However, there are way too many servers to choose from to conduct the test, so is it possible if anyone or the admins here can properly advise me to choose which server to conduct the tests on OOKLA speedtest? For security sake, I do not wish for the admins to divulge the exact server location, but at least the best closest performing server in the same country in Europe at least? That way, I can guesstimate how good or how bad is the actual Internet connection bandwidth for potential users from any part of the world.

The other question might be a tad silly, but I wish verifiy with experts here whether if there is a big difference in terms of video streaming down to a small screen on a Android smartphone on VLC on Mobile vs stream down to a desktop laptop via VLC on Windows, in terms of video streaming efficiency? Would one expect the streaming overheads be less for the former vs the latter hardware equipment setup? Any difference in Mbit bandwidth levels between the two setups?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Grego

Grego New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Kodi
    They will be no difference if you run stream between all different devices (same result) , however it can be only if you are watching over Lan and Wifi (Wifi signal drop duo to some factors..)

Also if you are in client side watching , you dont care for upload speed , but only Down speed...

will give you the Technical/Truth answer that you/all are looking for and get less headache later....