1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Ontapp TV

Discussion in 'Software' started by gdon, Nov 1, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. gdon

gdon New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Shield
    Hi is anyone using ontapp tv as the front end epg guide. I have used it and I find it takes quite a while before the channel loads. Has anyone else seen this. Note playing from.perfect player or lazyiptv the channel loads instantly. I have tested other iptv services and some of them were a specific repo has been made to add-on to on tapp work very fast. Dose rapidiptv have a specific repo for ontapp TV are there any plans to make one. Cheers

Tags:
  2. Cuvillier

Cuvillier Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MINIX Neo U1
    Reseller Username:
    cuvillier
    I don't use this app . I would recommend you to use IPTV app with mx player pro

3. galitone

galitone New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    KODI
    Long post, TL;DR at the end.

Hi gdon,

I see the same issue on my Mini MX box.
    My Mini MX specs are. Amlogic S905 Quad Core CPU and has 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage.
    Your shield has NVIDIA® Tegra® X1 processor with a 256-core GPU and 3 GB of RAM

As far as I understand both devices should be OK for IPTV?

I used to run OpenELEC on a RPi 2, using PVR Stalker with NFPS. EPG was XMLTV format provided in a gz file, same as here. But it wasn't slow, at all, even after
    loading all the EPG data (7 days worth). I have a feeling that IPTV Simple is to blame, just a gut feeling.

If you get On-tapp.tv, you get 7 days full refund, this should give you plenty of time to test it out. (it's like $3 month!)

Cons using on-tapp.tv with rapidiptv
    On-tapp EPG addon offers two ways to use a m3u playlist, 1. Remote 2. Local file.
    I can't get the addon to accept the playlist via URL from rapidiptv, neither from xtream-editor.ch No errors, just seems not to load it.
    Loading a playlist saved locally will eventually cause channels to stop working as rapidiptv changes the chan listing.
    On-tapp.tv let you chose a channel lineup during initial config. Rapidiptv is not listed. You have to chose default or none, not sure what the diff. is?
    You can't configure on-tapp.tv not to try loading channels from other addons installed on your system, if rapidiptv playlist channel ID doesn't match on-tapp.tv data, it'll simply chose what ever match it found in other addons. I.E. SportsDevil, Exodus etc. I had to disable Sports Devil while doing channel config.
    You can of course edit the source for a channel at any time later if on-tapp chose a source not to your liking.
    On-tapp.tv has a list of channels it carries. It's not 100% precise.

Pros using on-tapp.tv
    Once you're past all the missery it's really great.
    Quick to load, super fast in the guide, or source selection part of the addon.
    EPG data load is also very fast.
    Via on-tapp.tv tools addon (auto installed) you can do backup/restore, even between devices. I do all the tedious config in KODI on my computer, then do a full backup which I restore on my Mini MX. Works great.
    On-tapp.tv support is great, DixieDean (the author I believe) seems to be doing support in the forum, quick to respond too.

TL;DR

I have the same issue on my android box.
    On-tapp.tv with rapidiptv playlist requires a lot of work.
    Have previously used less capable hardware (RPi 2) OpenELEC with PVR stalker which performed flawlessly (NFPS).
    - No, PVR Stalker wasn't included in OpenELEC back then, I had to compile it from source myself.
    I blame IPTV Simple PVR for being, well simple. Resource demanding, inefficient processing data.
    Now using On-tapp.tv Somewhat working, won't accept playlist from URL, you have to save it and load it in the addon.
    RapidIPTV channel names and ID's are messy, you will have to do loads of manual config to match on-tapp EPG with rapidiptv playlist.

If anyone else use on-tapp.tv EPG with remote playlist working, I'd really like to hear how you managed that :)

4. gdon

gdon New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Shield
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I gave been experimenting and have been chatting with Dixie about this. In an update to ontapp he is adding more support for iptv see his Facebook page for details. I can say is that it's much faster now. I simple add rapidiptv URL so no offline channel mode. I did find that using kodi as opposed to SPMC was slower also if you select channel when you switch to another channel it doesn't seem to rls the previous channel and that causes it to get stuck. If you stop the stream and select next stream that solved the problem. In SPMC you don't need to do that as it stops the stream more cleanly. I would recommend trying SPMC with ontapp for rapidiptv using URL for your iptv stream, it works really fast now. Cheers