1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

OSMC on Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chris Johnson, Nov 13, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Musician
    Just to advise or to see if others have had the same issue.

I have a couple of raspberry Pi's and the current software i'm running on them is OSMC (Kodi). Rapid iptv channels will load up in IPTV Simple Player but will not play. I tried it on both devices. I changed the m3u over to a subscription that i have with another iptv provider, and they load and play straight away. Change it back to rapidiptv address and they don't play. I changed the raspberry pi software over to Xbian version and repeated the process and the channels play fine.

I'm not sure if theres something in the channel streams or whatever that OSMC doesn't like.

If anyone else is using OSMC on a Pi with rapidiptv it will be interesting to hear from you. Might be a bug in the OSMC software.

Tags:
  2. n3w073

n3w073 Reseller Reseller

20%
    Liked:
    MBF
    Device:
    Dreambox, MAG275, RPi0, RPi2, VLC (linux&osx)
    Reseller Username:
    n3w073
    Im using OSMC on Pi2 i don't have any problems at all exept long waiting time whan changing channels.

3. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Musician
    Interesting. It was a brand new install. I also checked on another pi running same osmc and still no joy. Worked fine with xbian.

Anyhoo, I've sacked the pi's off and got the new fire tv boxes. So much better. Got 800meg of free ram for kodi to use.

4. n3w073

n3w073 Reseller Reseller

20%
    Liked:
    MBF
    Device:
    Dreambox, MAG275, RPi0, RPi2, VLC (linux&osx)
    Reseller Username:
    n3w073
    Can you post a link to Fire Tv Box? It sound interesting

Tnx

5. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Musician
    Rapid IPTV and n3w073 like this.
  6. Paris 2015

Paris 2015 Member

45%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Multiple
    Tried hard to get my Fire Stick to work with Rapid IPTV but to no avail. Thought I screwed up typing the link obviously but after many days and attempts, I was about to give up on Rapid.... Gave Rapid another shot on my PC W10 and Hurray!!!!! It works through Kodi. I really think the Stick has a hard time with streams such as Live sports as I've been using it and Kodi for 6 months through various addons and other IPTV, while it works but it surely stuggles versus PC W10.... FY, I've ordered Wetek Core (still waiting for this thing) and expect to work as good as my PC; better do!
    Now Rapid IPTV, well I'm satisfied as I get all the channels I wanted to add to my other IPTV and addons. Very few French channels don't work or are unstable however I noticed major buffering issues during live soccer games which could be the servers overload. This prompt to question Rapid Iptv servers quality and update.
    I could be that my PC needs wired connection not 50+ speed WIFI, I'll try that too.
    Also, what is VIP Channels specifically? I see it matches the regular channels and surely struggles on stability...Could it be the Video quaility like 1080P or else?
    Finally, Rapid Iptv customer service (totally anonymous, no hello, no thanks, etc...) was simply awful and unwilling to actually help when I first started and struggled....yuk..

A few more tweaks and this Rapid IPTV is a keeper for me but again, the possible "man in the garage" probably don't want to be a decent customer service person either....

7. Bng Axel

Bng Axel New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    osmc kodi
    i made my research too and I found a FREE solution. Just uninstall the OSMC version and download the Openelec version for Kodi. I followed this Tuto (sorry I'm french but it's not really complicated)
    http://www.moovika.fr/raspberry-pi.fr/?p=69

Then load che channels as you have done before on osmc and.. VOILA

Ps: you may have to download yourself the "PVR IPTV simple client" going to add-on or client enregistreur video for french people "rechercher" ok search and ... . Then you will really have fun :)

Cuvillier likes this.