1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

[Poll] VOTE FOR A BETTER IPTV LIST!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Persiano, Feb 1, 2016.

?

Do you agree with me?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2016.
  1. Yes! It would be awesome!

95.7%
  2. No, I'm happy with the channel list just as it is.

5.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 35 users.
  1. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    I appreciate the service of Rapid-IPTV and I know it would take much time but there are things that you should care about:

• Managing and maintaining the list:
      not only adding new channels but also maintaining the list like
      _
      • providing two M3U lista:
        1. a simple one for MAG/Enigma2 or Smart TV users for better converting results.
        2. the other one with EPG tags (tvg-id, tvg-name if available) for members using other devices/apps e.g. Apple TV using Kodi
          -
          #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Fox.de" tvg-name="FOX" tvg-logo="" group-title="Germany", Sky Fox HD
          -
      • correct spelling of the channels (EPG Standards), especially what belongs to tvg-id and tvg-name to have an EPG ready list e.g. (important for the 2. list)
      • making the list faster and samller by removing the the language codes from each channel if they are grouped;
      • removing duplicate entries
      • fixing bad and broken streams "rapidly"
    • Better structure and organizing
      _
      • ordering the channels by name (alphabetically)
      • removing the VIP lists and merging them with the specific countries
      • grouping and structuring the channels in a meaningful manner
        • by country
        • VoD (VoD English, VoD German, ...)
        • Sport: this will be a huge list; e.g. each one would like to watch Sky in their own language, so I rather prefer having a good sorted list by country
      • a strong control panel for clients and resellers with the ability to create custom playlists, so everyone could select the channels he/she wants to see (this feature would be great)
    • Using a good channel manager and playlist generator
      _
      • Perfect Player is one of the best out there and let you do all the things I mentioned above (unfortunatly OS X is not supported)

Believe me or not, these suggestions would make Rapid-IPTV a more professional and reliable IPTV provider/server.

VOTE NOW FOR A BETTER IPTV LIST!!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    Tags:
  2. Rapid IPTV

Rapid IPTV Administrator Staff Member Administrator

100%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Everything
    If more than 100 people agree, then we will change the list. Thread is watched by me.

3. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    @Rapid IPTV

May I ask you to make this thread a sticky? It's important to get as many votes as we can. Wether the members vote in favour of it or not.
    Thank you.

4. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    I would also make an imortant thing about VIP groups. First of all why there are vip groups by countres? I would make all channels by one country in one country group. If we want we can make an unique group VIP with only and wrealy only 1080i hd premium chanels that are pay per view from all countres.

Thanks
    Regards

Miguel23 likes this.
  5. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    @harryporter

PAY PER VIEW? Are you kidding me?

If you want this then change to IPTV66, please! It seems that you didn't read my post carefully because I suggest to merge the VIP lists/channels with the specific countries. And for the movies, each in a separate VoD Groupe (VoD English, VOD German, ...).

I rather pay full for Pay TV than buying channels/movies via PPV! It's risky enough to use services like this.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  6. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    You misunderstud me. I want to merge vip section in the groups by coutres, for vod one group and for vip section only channels that are ppv and 1080i and i like Rapidiptv. Is that ok for You?

Regards

7. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Btw alphabetic ordering is not posible if you have country region code in front of the channel name, and why you want to remove hd mark from the channels that are 1080i? Sport group is ok but only alias of existing channels that are in the country groups also.

8. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    @harryporter

I got what you mean! But why should we do this? Do you think with ppv you will have better chances to watch a vip channel without any lags and in better quality?
    The answer will be NO. In my opinion VIP channels are a part of the channels you pay for and should be included in the package!
    We are trying to make Rapid IPTV better, and don't want to mimic other IPTV servers.

Alphabetic ordering is possible because they don't use any country codes! The channels are sorted as listed in the m3u file. Wished you were better informed about this. If you mean the language codes, it will be no problem to sort each one separately and then add them to the list, or by using good programs as mentioned above for automatic sorting.

Removing HD mark: Many channels are marked as HD but in the reality they are NOT. So it's unnecessary. This will make the m3u file samller and the loading time faster!

9. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
  10. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Ppv doesn`t meen that people should pay, i`m telling that those channels should be in vip group. If you put one code in the list and another in the tag like DE: Sky Fox as in your example you wil have mess as some programs dont use m3u tag but last chanell name. ( your example #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Fox.de" tvg-name="FOX" tvg-logo="" group-title="Germany",DE: Sky Fox. So bouth names should be the same and btw why you need contry code when you have country group tag allready? And why to remove hd mark from the channels that are 1080i or 760i when they are hd. For your information hd specification is next:

1080p: 1920×1080p: 2,073,600 pixels (~2.07 megapixels) per frame
    1080i: 1920×1080i: 1,036,800 pixels (~1.04 MP) per field or 2,073,600 pixels (~2.07 MP) per frameSome countries also use a non-standard CEA resolution, such as 1440×1080i: 777,600 pixels (~0.78 MP) per field or 1,555,200 pixels (~1.56 MP) per frame
    720p: 1280×720p: 921,600 pixels (~0.92 MP) per frame
    The letter "p" here stands for progressive scan, while "i" indicates interlaced.

For taging the specification is next as described on siptv.eu:

Examples:
    #EXTINF:0, tvg-id="rtp1.pt" tvg-logo="rtp_1_pt_hd" tvg-name="PT: RTP 1 SD/HD" group-title="Portugal",PT: RTP 1 SD/HD
    http://portal.rapidiptv.com:8080/live/*******.m3u8

EPGcode,Channel Name,http://channel.stream.address:port
    redbull,Redbull TV,http://live.iphone.redbull.de.edgesuite.net/webtvHD.m3u8
    hdmedia3d,HD Media 3D,http://93.95.98.28:8200
    melody-zen,Myzen HD,udp://@239.255.43.19:1234
    lrt,LRT,mmsh://82.135.235.37/LTV
    ext,BBC World,dvb-4
    ort-hd,Первый HD,dvbs-4

Group examples:
    group,Common
    group,Other channels
    melody-zen,Myzen HD,udp://@239.255.43.19:1234
    lrt,LRT,mmsh://82.135.235.37/LTV

Parental control:
    group,Common,1234

So think a little bit more before accusing outhers for something that you dont now either. And stop telling the people that have outher thouthts and ideas than you to go to IPTV66.

Good Night

11. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    Pay-per-view: Satellite or cable TV service which charges viewers a fee (in addition to the fixed monthly charge) for viewing special programs such as sports events.
    This is the defintion of ppv what I learned.

Sorry for the miscommunication!

Removing HD mark was just a suggestion because it's assumed that most channels are in HD. Of course you are right, you could also remove the language/country codes. You can seperate them just by adding a colored line like:

----------------------------GERMANY----------------------------
    Channels
    ------------------------UNITED STATES------------------------
    Channels

I'll add this in the suggestion list.

Artan92 likes this.
  12. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Best films are on pay per view chanells like sky box office or sky prima fila and those channels should be in the vip group in ful hd 1080i. Puting those channels in vip group doesnt mean that you have to pay something more than your Rapidiptv subscription. Thought . Why you want to separate the channels for Kodi when you have groups already? If You ask me only the mpeg list for vlc should have line separation as all other programs and systems suports HLS and m3u8.

Btw. What about enigma 2 devices and mag devices how you think to convert from m3u with working epg?

13. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    @harryporter

Line separation for better visual orientation. It hasn't to be colored. Otherwise you'll have a big, visually not sorted list, also if they were grouped by country. Maybe some devices doesn't support grouping or filtering. More or less it's matter of taste.

There should be two kind of m3u files:
    • A simple m3u list should be provided for MAG, Enigma2 or Smart TV users for better converting results. The fewer spelling errors, the better! It also makes the EPG integration easier.
    • The other one with EPG tags (tvg-id, tvg-name), groups, etc. for members using other devices/apps

But thank you for your pleasure for discussion.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  14. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    The simple m3u list should have the Epg standard names so when you convert that file you will have epg even without tag. At he end of this thred you will find how it should work so the names has to be the same as explained on http://www.webgrabplus.com/epg-channels and in ini files to work on enigma2, mag and Smart Tv devices. If you consider adding epg by channel name most channels should look something like this as shown at he end of this thread:

http://rapidiptv.com/threads/samsung-smart-tv.481/

AND MOST OF THEM WILL HAVE "HD" AT THE END OF THE FILE for epg to work as shown in this ini file example. xmltv_id="Cinemax 2 HD">Cinemax 2 HD</channel>

As you can se that this is not a question of spelling but rather a question of corispondent file name to epg code data base (xmlt)

So if in that database chanell named with HD at the end it should be like that for epg to work.
    You can not make channel names as you want wihout HD at the end becouse of this tehnical limitations.

CHANNELL NAMES SHOULD AND WILL HAVE HD AT THE END WITHOUT CONTRY CODES AT THE START AND SHOULD BE DEVIDED BY AN EMPTY TEXT LINE LIKE THIS:

#EXTINF:0,+++GERMANY+++ OR ***GERMANY***

Regards

15. ExpatTV

ExpatTV Reseller Reseller

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Android Kodi
    Reseller Username:
    vanderhulst
    At the moment I edit my m3u list and publish on my server. So I have kinda full control. Would it not be at least good enough to have a topic with all changes made in the list? Like added/changed or deleted?

Sorry you can find the above at
    http://www.rapidiptv.com/threads/rapid-iptvs-channel-lists-changes-and-updates.439/

The best would be a M3u online editor. So you can make a specific m3u list for every customer. With or without logos/epg. Then everyone can put channels in their own named groups.

Armendel and harryporter like this.
  16. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    @harryporter

Dude i said correct spelling and removing the HD mark UNLESS HD is a part of the channel name = CORRECT SPELLING = EPG STANDARD NAME.
    I deleted the point with removing HD endings and replaced it with the language/country codes.

#EXTINF:0,+++GERMANY+++ OR ***GERMANY*** won't work when there is no link associated to it. Have a look at the updated suggestion list above. I typed how it should be.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    harryporter likes this.
  17. Persiano

Persiano Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Apple TV
    @ExpatTV

This would be nice, but they update the list nearly daily.

Better would be to have a sticky topic (or more) with only one post including all channels and changes they did to the list and mark them with colores like:

red: removed / dead channel
    green: added channel
    blue: updated channel

Commenting/replying should be disabled for members unless they have administration rights.

As a work around I use DiffMerge on my Macbook Pro and compare my customized local list with the newest fresh downloaded one.

18. ExpatTV

ExpatTV Reseller Reseller

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Android Kodi
    Reseller Username:
    vanderhulst
    Oh they do update daily! Not according to the topic.

19. jacksoft

jacksoft New Member

80%
    Liked:
    Device:
    LG smart tv
    I got the .m3u_plus the otherday,channels are split into countries..some logos and some EPG..works very well on my LG SmartTV..much easier to navigate.
    I just asked an admin for it with my details..and was sorted within 30min via a new download..Great Service.

20. parazitu

parazitu New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Gigablue/PC
    I don't know if it is possible, but it would be great if you have boquets.
    [SPORTS]
    All Sports channels inside, sorted by country.

[MOVIE]

[MUSIC]
    and so on.

Is there a tool, you can edit it by yourself? (like dreamboxedit)

Edit: why are some channels from 5 to 1 and not sorted from 1 to 5?