1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Random buffering

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Juan Manuel, Nov 25, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Kodi
    Hi , I recently bought a subscription and I'm really impressed with the amount of channels and the quality of some of them. But no so much with the reliability of the sources I'm afraid. I want to rule out the possibility of a problem on my end.
    Basically my problem comes while watching a channel. At start it works beautifully, specially the full HD ones. The problem comes after some time watching them which varies from a couple of minutes to half and hour or so. At that point, it starts buffering, cutting the signal for a couple of seconds, going on for a while, enough to ruin the experience. Sometimes I leave it and it fixes itself maybe in a minute, maybe in more. Others, I stop the channel to play it again and at first it works but then it sometimes starts buffering again in a minute or so. I also noticed the stream starts from a frame some seconds in the past from where I stopped it, I assumed because maybe I just hit another server and that's why it starts working fine at first.
    Is this situation normal to everyone or could I have a problem on my end? The thing is I haven't being able to watch a single TV program or sport event where this didn't happen. And it's even worse when there is something like the Champions League which I guess is because of the volume of users. I basically watch Spanish, French and UK channels.
    My configuration is:
    HTPC with Kodi and PVR simple client.
    300/100Mbits ADSL.
    Wired connection to a hub connected to the router.
    Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Bvdpas

Bvdpas Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Windows | Android | SIPTV
    Maybe your router reloads connections after some time.

3. Cuvillier

Cuvillier Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MINIX Neo U1
    Reseller Username:
    cuvillier
    Adsl is too slow. Vdsl2+ is available in your place?

4. Bvdpas

Bvdpas Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Im using ADSL 150/15mbits and have no problem playing hd channels on 5g wifi

5. Cuvillier

Cuvillier Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MINIX Neo U1
    Reseller Username:
    cuvillier
    It may depends

6. Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Kodi
    1. I'm not sure whether what I have is ADSL or VDSL2+ but I don't think 300Mbits download is slow. I run a test with speedtest from a phone connected wirelessly to the router and I was getting 100Mbits download which is the maximum I can get with the wifi so I don't think it's a problem with the bandwith provided by my ISP when this happens. What I don't know is if there may be a problem with the router configuration or the router itself though. Is there anyway this can be tested? Is there any live stream I can test outside Rapid I can use to verify this?

7. BONZI

BONZI New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    smart tv
    Hello,i have the same buffering problem with an optical fiber connection and its arrive when too much people are connected to rapidiptv servers.I think you cant do nothing its on rapidiptv side.

8. Bvdpas

Bvdpas Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Do you guys only have it on some channels or on every channel? And what channels do you watch that buffer?

9. Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Kodi
    Well, for example in the morning i watch the spanish channel #0. It happened twice in a week and i watch it for 15 minutes top. Watching a movie on channel Hollywood (spanish) it happened towards the end, in the worst moment and for quite some time. Watching sports on Movistar Deportes 1 as well. Last tuesday watching a real madrid match on Antena 3 it happened and that day the channel didn't work at the start of the match. There are more examples like this I cannot remember the exact channel right now but it tends to happen for all the full hd channels, but i don't know about the sd ones i don't watch them much.

10. Bvdpas

Bvdpas Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    They need to have more people checking the channels. Like some forum people that are Active/Reseller.

11. Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Kodi
    For what you say it seems it is a problem on their end, not having enough bandwidth at times or a problem with the servers. I understand this service is used by many thousands of users but, while i think the offer is incredible, tv channels should work seemlesly almost 100% of the time as otherwise it would be frustating. i find it weird that this hasn't come up more often in the forum if it's a normal issue. Is the quality of the service different depending on the country the channel is from? Could it be related to worse support for channels from countries not so many people watch? Or I'm just unlucky to watch the channels with problems and should just rely on the sd ones if available?

12. Bvdpas

Bvdpas Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    For my country (The Netherlands) the quailty is good and almost no buffering. Ive only had buffering on Rapid once (with a dutch channel) with a big sports match.

13. Frank2k

Frank2k New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG254
    On my MAG254, I'm now seeing bufferig and freezing e.g. CI and CI +1 quite often (UK channels). Most others are fine, but again some freezes after 20 seconds or so and makes no differwnce if I change channel to return OR reboot the device.

Very very annoying indeed...

14. Shawn Oosthuizen

Shawn Oosthuizen New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAg 254
    I'm a reseller and myself and 3 of my clients are have problems with the UK sports channels. Tried everything - VPN, different devices, ISP checked line for errors, various DNS servers. No luck. We need more people to raise tickets with Rapid IPTV as they tell me its my ISP :(

15. Bvdpas

Bvdpas Member

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    What ISP are they using?

16. Shawn Oosthuizen

Shawn Oosthuizen New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAg 254
    Im on Orcon and my clients are on 2 Degrees and My Republic

17. mrc-core

mrc-core New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG254
    I'm also having buffering issues, on portuguese and spanish channels... On the other countrys i can see tv with no problem, no freezes or buffering.
    Have made a reset to the router dissabled firewall disabled igmg, open a port only for my mag254 change dns, change the buffer on mag254 but had no luck until today and this started last saturday.
    if i trye to see for example TVC1 on portuguese channels i get a black screen then i can see the blue bar moving then i get image and sound and passed a few seconds buffering issues, freezings and so on... if i tried to change a channel i only get a black screen this is very anoying.
    Have already open a ticket my problem it's not my connection speed i have a fiber optic 200mb down to 100mb up.

18. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Do you have newest firmware? If yes do reset and reconfigure box:

19. mrc-core

mrc-core New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG254
    Yes i do have the new firmware and have also done a full reset and reconfigured.
    But add no luck.
    This only started last saturday when i renewed my subscription. This is really strange....

20. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Try to set qwos with higher priority with your mag mac address maybe it will help.