1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Recommended Speed to watch iptv smoothly

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Samer Sherif, Jan 25, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Samer Sherif

Samer Sherif New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smartiptv
    hello all,

I'd like to know the recommended speed to watch iptv smoothly. I'm experiencing cuts every second with most channels. i've made a tests with speedtest.net (picture attached) and found out that my download speed is 3.5 Mbps and upload is 0.8 Mbps.
    Is that enough or not?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Hello, at least adsl with 10mb down and 1mb up is a must have. Also do a control first before changing your provider if they are filtering IPTV trafic. They will never told You but You can find out by searching on google about IPTV and that internet provider. If You are limeted to by a service from one that is filtering IPTV you have to use VPN ( nordvpn for example ).

Goodluck

Steven morris likes this.
  3. Paris 2015

Paris 2015 Member

45%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Multiple
    Not to mention Rapid's servers overloaded... Even with perfect setup, you might sometimes encounter issues with Rapids servers. Our Real Madrid fans here reported struggling with the feed (s).this weekend which goes to show that Rapids servers are not strong enough for high capacity viewing.

4. Samir Berisa

Samir Berisa Reseller Reseller

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    LG Smart TV
    Reseller Username:
    samirko85
    I got 120mpbs down and 10up still few channels freeze. I am okay with that since over 70% work perfect.
    I just wish they fix USA channels very soon since I am from north America

5. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Multicast depends on network not on server overload. Iptv is using multicast to distribute ip packets tru internet so Rapidtiptv servers are working 100% perfectly. Freezing and chopping is network related problem as i sad some internet providers are filtering IPTV trafic, some networks have mtu problems and some people does not have a good setup on their boxes.

A simplified network diagram for IPTV
    Elements:
    TV head-end: where live TV channels are encoded, encrypted and delivered in the form of IP multicast streams.
    VOD platform: where on-demand video assets are stored and served when a user makes a request in the form of IP unicast stream.
    Interactive portal: allows the user to navigate within the different IPTV services, such as the VOD catalog.
    Delivery network: the packet switched network that carries IP packets (unicast and multicast).
    Home TV gateway: the piece of equipment at the user's home that terminates the access link from the delivery network.
    User's set-top box: the piece of equipment at the user's home that decodes and decrypts TV and VOD content and displays it on the TV screen

[​IMG]

"Multicast" is sometimes also incorrectly used to refer to a multiplexed broadcast.
    In computer networking, multicast (one-to-many or many-to-many distribution[1]) is group communication[2] where information is addressed to a group of destination computers simultaneously. Multicast should not be confused with physical layer point-to-multipoint communication.
    Group communication may either be application layer multicast[2] or network assisted multicast, where the latter makes it possible for the source to efficiently send to the group in a single transmission. Copies are automatically created in other network elements, such as routers, switches and cellular network base stations, but only to network segments that currently contain members of the group.

First thing to check is Your network. I had many problems with my network that is 70 mb down and 10 mb up. I asked nordvpn for a trial and i checked my network tru vpn service. When my network is in VPN i have no problem at all but when i go without i can not watch half of the channels on RAPIDIPTV.

So if You have any problems with tv first subscribe some VPN service and adjust your IPTV soft or IPTVBOX. Then if You still have problems maybe is hardware related so try all of these steps on some other internet connection or with other hardware.

Goodluck

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Rapid IPTV likes this.
  6. Paris 2015

Paris 2015 Member

45%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Multiple
    Ok then, how would explain an error message "connection not possible servers overloaded"? Never got that with Rapid but some otherIPTV...

7. Molocko

Molocko New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    ATV4
    Sorry i am no iptv engineer but from what i can grasp of your response is that it is not Rapidiptv's fault if aHighly watched soccer game lags ?

8. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    When in Prime time there is some live event internet providers are filtering iptv traffic and the only way to know the truth about your provider line is to have an nordvpn 3 days trial and then check the live event transmition tru VPN. When there is a lot of users that are watching the stream at the same time the conection is more sensible and the only way to resolve that is to have larger memory buffer, right mtu settings for your router / reciver and VPN connection. If then You have the same problem then it is wrealy a RAPIDIPTV problem. Honestly i dont have any problems with RAPIDIPTV when i strated to use VPN, only problem that i have now is that some channels are not corisponding to their list names, no epg and some channels are down.

9. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    There are many different types of setup if you use constant multicast stream there is constant data flow tru multicast, but if you use unicast that means that every single client that connects on your stream server is using part of network resorces from server connection, than you have a connection limit. For example unicast 100 mb upload = 17 clients multicast = unlimited So if You use this logic you will understand that only problem can be a streaming server that is laging/choping becouse of to much encoding. If you ask me RAPIDIPTV is union of more encoding sources as You can se from diferent picture quality and standards. So when that sream come to RAPIDIPTV server this stream is redistributed by their server only. Bad source= bad connection and quality but it does not depends of RAPIDIPTV it depends of source stream! Etc.

10. libor

libor New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    DM800se
    Hey Now in its third day programs will not open IPTV what happens?

11. Caffetin

Caffetin Reseller Reseller

20%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Samsung Smart TV
    Reseller Username:
    Caffetin
    Did you check if your IP is blocked? Way I do it is to type portal.rapidiptv.com in browser and if you see error / no connectio page your IP is blocked. You should than send support ticket.

harryporter likes this.
  12. Molocko

Molocko New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    ATV4
    I can assure you that my connection is fine , that my settings and router configuration is ok.
    I worked for my internet provider a few years ago and i am aware of how they work.

Like some users on this forum have told: Yes a good chunck of the channels works but as soon as you watch a live event ( Soccer games ) involving a big team the stream lags. On Sunday Real- Betis was playing the stream was horrible on all the channels showing the game and at the same time there was the Patriots Game and ( american football) of course all the streams showing it where working fine.

In an other comment you talked of the source.. Yes i believe that some of the sources are not working as they should..

13. EnjoyTV

EnjoyTV New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    DM7020HD
    Hi

I had the same problem in my network so i have done some changes in my firewall and now the streams ( a lot of them) works fine.
    Maybe you have to check the setting on your side and check if IGMP are allowed on the firewall otherwise you have to add this service and allow it on your firewall.

BG

14. momo744

momo744 New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Dm800seV2
    Normaly a minimum of 4 mb is racomended, my dsl should be 7 mb, but never gain that speed, it's always between 1 and 3 mb, and iptv work fine
    the important is to disconnect all the user's of your network .
    hope that's help, the tv is iptv now