1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Router-Modem recommended settings

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Mihail Llaftiu, Jan 19, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Mihail Llaftiu

Mihail Llaftiu New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 254
    Hello guys, after i susbcribe and join in rapidiptv team. I was wondering how would i and the rest of the guys who doesn't know many things from router-modem configs. So how would i start enjoying rapid's iptv in possible free freeze and less ping time with recommended setting on router-modem?!

Tags:
  2. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    You can experiment with a MTU setting in Your router connection settings. Default for adsl is 1492 if you want less use 1472 and if You want maximum for /cable/fiber use 1500. Another thing is to asign a qos to a IPTV device to high priority on port 8080. There is also a Windows TCP configuration tool TCPOptimizer and for rooted android You have Change MTU app.

Good Luck

PS. IF YOU STIL HAVE A PROBLEM MAYBE YOUR INTERNET PROVIDER IS FILTERING IPTV TRAFIC SOU YOU SHOULD USE SOME OF VPN SERVECES ( TRY NORDVPN).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  3. Steven morris

Steven morris New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    All winner x2
    What these MTU settings do and how I assign a QoS to high, im on a android box- wired and virgin media, this sounds intresting i ll wait your reply and get my hammer and screw driver at the ready, my service is running well, HD ones could do with a little bit more tweaking, many thanks in advanced
    Steve

4. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    Mtu settings are maximum transfer units that defines size of internet protocol packets. Praticly what it does control is size of packets distributed tru network itself. Sou if mtu size is to big or wrong you have packet fragmentation ( ip packets are comming with a delay so you have a problem ) First configure You router then thevices on your subnet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit .
    For qos youy must se your router documentation but generaly you have to asign a mac address, port, service or protocol to boost.
    https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service

Regards

5. Steven morris

Steven morris New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    All winner x2
    Intresting, so if I ban the kids off the Xbox and tablets and buy them slates and chalk and asign myself QoS to watching sports and telly.

MTU settings I checked in on 1500 is that the best or is it still worrth having a tinker?

Many thanks harry

6. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir