1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

Software or Hardware problem or is it me?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jude, Oct 17, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. jude

jude New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    android
    Hi Guys, i am pretty new on this IPTV world, i just purchase my subscription not too long ago. First i was using Kodi as my player, everything was working well , i was in the state, Now i am back home with my service, the service has been changed , there is a lot of buffering, i decide to change my player to Prefect player, for the first couple days , it works fine with less buffer, By the way i am using a 6mbps internet speed. Today i realise that whenever i will start playing a channel that little buffer vutton on the screen which usually color white, now it turns red and the player will stops. The funny things is that he will do this for a while the, it will work ok the next time.
    Is it me? or a software issue? od my internet speed. the whole day yesterday he didn't do that. I am looking for some input from the expert here?

Tags:
  2. miredu

miredu New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Windows 10
    I have made an observation with android box, if i use a box with only 1 gb ram i have a lot of buffering, when i use a box with 2 GB ram there are normaly no buffering.

3. Cuvillier

Cuvillier Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MINIX Neo U1
    Reseller Username:
    cuvillier
    Maybe your box is bad. I use minix neo u1 and it's works very fine

4. Nottidude

Nottidude Reseller Reseller

30%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    PC
    Reseller Username:
    dojime
    If I were in your shoes, I would do the following process analysis:
    1) Use a software tool to check on your current internet provider bandwidth actual throughput ie. 6Mbs whats the actual for download / upload bandwidth capability?
    2) Perform a traceroute from command line to check on latency and ping quality.
    3) Use VLC player to detect quality of incoming stream quality as its the most simplistic form of qualification - to check on quality of live streams. You have to finetune the VLC config as well eg. switch default buffering from 1500 to 3000 - most recommended.
    4) As for Android TV Boxes goes, you gotta upgrade to Kodi v16.1 at least, and go settle for a 2GB RAM TV Box running Linux base with Android on top. A 1GB RAM box should also do just fine too, I have both and they both work, but yeah, I much prefer to have the 2GB so as to reduce buffering issues.
    5) Finetune the Kodi further with ARES Project maintenance tool that clears up cache and reconfigures buffering stats.
    6) Last but not least, reevaluate your current internal LAN / network infrastructure setup - perhaps a change in the router used eg. switch to a Asus router would resolve alot of performance issues firstly. If there are two routers/ modem involved, then classic - need to bridge the routers to ensure less performance degradation.

Regards,
    Nottidude

Rapid IPTV likes this.
  5. Rapid IPTV

Rapid IPTV Administrator Staff Member Administrator

100%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Everything
    What can I say more? A perfect step by step solution. Thumbs up!

6. TheICF

TheICF Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    Device:
    All Devices
    Reseller Username:
    TheICF
    traceroute to where ? which server ?

7. jude

jude New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    android
    I think that the Problem is my internet provider, yesteday good day, no issue. Today again issue. and it's worse. I even try to use my little wifi hot spot router which i get a 22mbps download speed , it still didn't work, most of the time buffering and sometimes no buffering at all , just pure red stop. What's killing me is i was just about ready to make a presentation of the product tomorrow to a friend of mine that can bring a lot of business to Rapit tv, now i can't show him jack.
    Thanks to all of you that try to help.

8. jude

jude New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    android
    It will be nice if Rapid tv can add up some channel for the carribean and Latino Market .

9. jude

jude New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    android
    Question remember that i am not a savy tecki person. I am trying to find out if is it's a problem with my perfect player software or is it my intrernet connection or is it my Rooted amazon fir box.
    I will stream real well for one day with no issue at all except for these 1080P channel that i can not stream, that's i know that this is my internet speed which is just 6 MBPS that causes that. But the next day my box will stop streaming. I am using perfect player, everytime that i will try to stream something, the little white buffering button will go red and i won't be able to stream. Can some someone please tell me how to fix this issue.
    I thgought that was my internet connection but my speed is the same like yesterday. there is nobobody else using the internet but me.
    Any advice please?

10. Dylan Dalagmouni

Dylan Dalagmouni New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    KODI or SMART TV
    Can I ask , how to traceroute and if there is a problem? what solution should be done? and I want to ask what is the acceptabe for latency and ping quality

11. Nottidude

30%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    PC
    Reseller Username:
    dojime
    Hi All,
    Apologies to all who is asking about traceroute queries as its a question that cannot be answered since we all do not know which IP to refer / test it on LOL... my bad! But I hope that answer could be provided soon enough by the admins (once they vetted and confirmed that the info is safe to release to us :)....) So, I hope the powers-may-be could at least point us to the closest server (that they feel most comfortable to tell us) IP listing that is on the OOKLA Speedtest map ;-)...

In anyway, just to sidetrack abit, most recently I had the opportunity to test run the live streams on the fastest Internet telco provider ever in my country which we shall nicknamed it as VQ, at 1GBits fibre-optic in a residential home... and man it was a freaking awesome viewing experience! Fact of the matter that it was conducted on a shoddy and crappy old laptop didn't even matter, or the fact that it was 3am in the wee hours of the morning... but changing channels were like less than 1.5secs, and I managed to be able to watch repeat telecasts of sports events at 1080p smoothly without any hitches, and live streams of cricket at HD very well... ok ok I must admit, nobody really watches cricket anyway so I didn't think it would be a rather big deal :p...I mean, its not EPL soccer at peak viewing hours, that's for sure!

But anyhow, with that crappy laptop, the Ookla speedtest came in at downloads of 98Mbits, and just a tad slightly lower for uploads. So some peers of mine commented that the numbers don't look right, and possibly might be due to old LAN drivers and firmware issues or Core CPU deficiencies in laptop, which is quite logical. just to compare. So, you can see, Internet network bandwidth is ultimately the key to good video streams, and also good configs on VLC and KODI platforms also can and will part a big part as well.

12. Nottidude

30%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    PC
    Reseller Username:
    dojime
    My 2cts worth is.... stay away from Perfect Player for the time being, its just not that reliable atm... far from Perfect. I would rather you stick to VLC as the base standard for tests and consistent usage and reliability... yeah the way to meddle with VLC can be abit unfriendly, but works 99.99% of the time, and so that counts for everything. As for the 6Mbps, wow, thats really low... so u will have to stick to SD channels. Don't forget to finetune the VLC for much better performance ie. less video buffering by increasing cache from 1500 to 3000.

13. harryporter

harryporter Reseller Reseller Active Member

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    enigma 2, android tv, smartv, vlc, kodi etc
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    I would also configure QOS in Router settings to match this CIDR: 109.0.0.0/8 with maximum priority.

Nottidude likes this.
  14. TheICF

TheICF Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    Device:
    All Devices
    Reseller Username:
    TheICF
    What is that address?

15. TheICF

TheICF Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    Device:
    All Devices
    Reseller Username:
    TheICF
    @Rapid IPTV - where would we traceroute to(which IP ?) so if we would like to test latency and understand and explain to ISP (if) the issue.

16. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    If your ISP i blocking IPTV traffic there is no way that they will do something about it even if you give them RAPIDIPTV ip address. You can make only things worst than it is by giving them ip so they could start to filter that ip. My advise is to configure your internal network better to achive maximum from your isp and at the end if you are sure that isp is filtering IPTV traffic to setup Nord Vpn with streaming extension on.
    I will remeber you what you should do first to have decent home network connected to wan in the right way.

1. Make bridge in between your ISP Box and Router ( if you can not make a bridge than put your Router ip in DMZ on ISP Box )

2. Disable v6 protocol, IGMP snooping protocol, and muticast on Lan/Wifi

3. Use Google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and static ip or by insering dns in your router for all devices or on your device

4. Check your MTU on your ISP Router. Default is 1500 for cable connection and 1492 for adsl or do the test here http://www.letmecheck.it/mtu-test.php

5. Set Qos on router with mac address of your TV Box and CDR 109.0.0.0/8 with maximum priority to that rule (Classless Inter-Domain Routing is a method for allocating IP addresses and routing Internet Protocol packets)

6. Dont use wifi connection ( if you have to use wifi make sure that wifi channel of router is not overlapping with some other router with androd app wifi anylazer )

7. Check class of your network cables as cables are different for 10, 100 and 1 gb links.

8. If you are using Windows for watching tweak your network with tcp optimizer http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

9. If you are using Andoid after every boot turn on big tcp buffer size to eliminate buffering with bionic tcp ip https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spirilis.bionictcp&hl=en works only on rooted devices.

10. Configure Kodi with advancedsettings.xml like this :

Note that advancedsettings.xml is configured to use 999 mb of ram so it will work only on boxes with 2 gb of ram.
    For boxes with 1 gb of ram please use advancedsettings.xml in advancedsettings500.mb.zip

https://rapidiptv.com/attachments/advancedsettings500-mb-zip.272/
    https://rapidiptv.com/attachments/advancedsettings-zip.271/

Also on Amazon firestick as it is slow you can edit this line in advancedsettings.xml to drop some frames from the stream and have playback more fluent:
    <skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter>

Let me know if it works for you on your network!

Regards

Nottidude, Cuvillier and Rapid IPTV like this.
  17. magistrate

magistrate New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 254
    Hello harrypoter, the information is very helpful and needed in these days. But it looks like i have strange issue that I have not been able to fix so far.
    So I am in need for help.
    My MAG 254was working fine from August till last week, I have RapidIPTV and i am extremely happy with all the channels and options. Never had problems after I set it up. But lately, especially evening after 6 PM CST (I am in Chicago) I have streaming and buffering issues. Video freezes constantly 15-30 seconds and it is unwatchable at all.
    I have Comcast Internet service, and the speed is 100Mbps down and 25Mbps up. I have Apple TV box as well, and I have another IPTV service that has around 1500 channels and movies and in the same time that I have problems with MAG, this one works without any issues at all.
    I have called ISP and they found no issues at all. I have upgraded the speed, change the cables, (all is wired, no wireless) changed the router, changed the modem with latest one, reset and set up the MAG all from scratch. And after all, same issue. Tried to chat with Rapid IPTV support, they said I have problem with the ISP. And all end there. So I have 1 year prepaid account with IPTV and can't watch as I have streaming issues.
    Do you, or anyone can help with solution?
    Thanks in advance,
    Magistrate

18. harryporter

100%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Reseller Username:
    harryportir
    First thing to do is to set up buffer on 5 or10, check if firmare is latest version, change your dns also 8.8.8.8, try fixed ip, turn off multicast and igmp snooping on your router. If that dont helps the only way is vpn but from one month ago is prohibited to use vpn for Rapidiptv so you are in checkmate position. You can try another provider at same time or another box.

Regards

19. magistrate

magistrate New Member

10%
    Liked:
    Device:
    MAG 254
    I have read your comment aboveand did all of this before writing the first post. It keeps buffering and freezing. VPN is not a solution as well. I see in the forum here that many people are haveing same issue with Rapid IPTV. I have asked support to give me link so i can try it on VLC, but they said not possible.
    So it looks that i have to serach for other IPTV provider. Sadly i have told many friedns about this one, so they will go with me as well.
    Thanks for your replay anyway.
    Magistrate