1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/
  2. Clients can now change their timezone on MAG devices -> Portal -> Settings -> Localization -> Timezone
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rapid IPTV does NOT support multi-connection accounts anymore. So don't request for such accounts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Resellers should contact administrator "Rapid IPTV" for their reseller account for using in forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Subtitle stream

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Fran, Aug 28, 2016.

Tags:
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Fran

Fran New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV
    Hi! Could we expect sometime in the future to have the subtitle option availble for TV channels that have it. Most spannish channels have dual broadcast and offer subtitles also. I can change audio on spannish channels but the subtitles are not available.

Regards

Tags:
  2. Orbit IPTV

Orbit IPTV Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    mag254
    Reseller Username:
    sibuk
    No. To have subtitles on iptv means all the streams would have to be transcoded ... For the number of streams on rapid iptv this would be impossible

Fran likes this.
  3. Fran

Fran New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV
    So why are multiple audio channels streamed as they are available and subtitles are not?

4. Orbit IPTV

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    mag254
    Reseller Username:
    sibuk
    Yes but the origional source of the streams probably have only been streamed with 1 audio channel

5. Fran

Fran New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV
    Go to Spain group. Choose a channel live Movistar Estrenos HD or Series or Series Extra or other that broadcast movies or TV Shows. Choose audio stream if the movie is not a Spanish one and you will have several audio streams to choose, so they are not transcoded on the fly probably. Is the same on the original Movistar platform.

The original broadcast includes different audio tracks and subtitles not burned into the movies. Rapid IPTV is just re streaming the video and audio, that's the reason of my question. If the subtitle tracks could be sent too... without any kind of transcoding, that is not likely the case here.

6. Orbit IPTV

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    mag254
    Reseller Username:
    sibuk
    But these are not Rapid IPTV local streams so he has no control over what audio channels are streamed

7. Fran

Fran New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV
    I don't know If I'm explaining myself well or you don't get what I want to explain. I have home the original broadcast from Movistar, they even broadcast football matches with the sound of some Spanish radio station live... so you can choose which audio you want. So I hardly think that anything is transcoded. Is just video, audio and data.

With Rapid IPTV I get perfect dual audio on Movistar platform movies and also football matches (as in the original broadcast). So yes Rapid IPTV is re-streaming all the audio channels as they are in the original stream. Audio 1, 2, 3... etc. even during football. And that's great!!! I'm just wondering if the data from the subtitles could be re-streamed too.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  8. Orbit IPTV

45%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    mag254
    Reseller Username:
    sibuk
    No this is not possible with Rapid IPTV

9. Fran

Fran New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV
    I know right now we don't have it. I was asking if we can expect it in the future, and if you are so positive on that answer why is the technical reason why subs can not be re-streamed if we can have subs on VOD.

10. novi

novi New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    OTT Player
    At least under VLC I have seen few with multiple audio options, I would not know how to make the selection with TV Apps like Opera or Web TV (LG - Samsung)

Fran likes this.
  11. Fran

Fran New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV
    Thanks novi. On a smart TV, using SIPTV app, depending on which TV you are, there are different options to reach the language and subtitle commands. On a relatively old LG I can access it using the color buttons for both audio and subs. On the more modern Samsung K, I can use the pointer control to show up some commands and activate the audio language track and the color buttons or the subs button on a regular remote (or a universal) remote to bring up the subs. But usually on some live TV channels I can switch audio but they do no include any subtitle track. That's why I was asking the reason why they are not re streamed as well as the audio.

12. novi

novi New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    OTT Player
    True, I took the opportunity to have some suggestion on this although unfortunately on the OTT Player and my Sony TV none of the coded buttons works.