1. Dear visitor, you are viewing Rapid IPTV as a guest member who has restricted access to our forum. You can either sign-up or login with your username here: http://www.rapidiptv.com/login/

What an Improvment

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamieb, Dec 29, 2016.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. jamieb

jamieb New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Samsung TV, Kodi, Mag 254
    Been running Rapid IPTV primaraly on my Kodi Machines and have been relativly impressed but despite messing constantly with my advanced settings xml and other settings playback has always been choppy, sluggish and intermitent for the most part which led me to use it only on ocasion.

I decided to treat my Brother to a Rapid IPTV subscription for Christmas and take advantage of the 17% deal due to my issues with Kodi etc i bought him a Mag 254 hoping he would have a better experiance.

I have just finished setting it up before sending it on to him and WOW im yet to see any lag this is what i hoped for when i first subscribed to Rapid i hope it stays this way.

It made me wonder are there people out there using Kodi and having the same experience? Im locked into Kodi for the playing of my other Media and would love for everything to be in one place and use it for my IPTV too. But after seeing how the Mag box performs unless i can get it like for like im going to have to reluctantly migrate.

Rapid IPTV likes this.
  2. Quimic

Quimic Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    IT - Computer Engineer
    Device:
    Samsung smart tv, Mag 254, TVIP S410, Android
    Reseller Username:
    Quimic
    Yes, with the portal it performs really well compared with some apps. Normally the problems we have with rapid are related with the configuration of application or problems with the device... :) If you have good device well configurated and stable internet, it works great! :)

If you decide to change i recomend TVIP S410 or siptv with the tv connected with ethernet...

3. jamieb

jamieb New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Thanks ill take a look at the TVIP S410 what advantages does it have on the Mag 254? For my initial trial i used SIPTV on my Samsung via ethernet worked ok but i found the UI a little messy unorganised i like the EPG standard Sky/Freeview kind of feel and from memory it was just endless squares.

4. Quimic

Quimic Reseller Reseller

45%
    Liked:
    IT - Computer Engineer
    Device:
    Samsung smart tv, Mag 254, TVIP S410, Android
    Reseller Username:
    Quimic
    TVIP is much faster and stable than Mag... Also the internal portal is much better and you don't need to use the portal with mac address... :)

5. sat888

sat888 New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Smart TV, VLC, Kodi, Perfect Player, iPad, Windows, Linux, Android
  6. Jolid

Jolid New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Wetek play 2
    I'm using rapid with the simple iptv client for kodi. So far really good! In my opinion if you have good conditions on the network side - speed and structure, and want the whole media center solution plus the waf u can't beat kodi. The pvr client is for me faster than the plugin plus you have the epg in the same environment.

not experiencing any of the sluggishnes or lagging that op is.

this could of course change, still new to iptv..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. jamieb

jamieb New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Sounds good ill take a look.

Is this offical from RapidIPTV? Also does this act like the Simple IPTV Plugin? So i can use through Kodis own frontend?

What hardware are you running on? I have 2 machines a Celeron Nuc and an I7 Nuc both suffer from total dropouts, random buffering and stuttery laggy playback of IPTV. Did you configure anything in your advanced settings or kodis system?

My home network is all Ethernet back to a switch with a Fibre connection which gives me around 150-200mbps down i dont use any other streaming services on Kodi just Rapid IPTV all other media is local.

I REALLY want to run through Kodi/Live TV i have used Kodi since the early XBMC days and push all my home media through it. Using Kodi also utilises my Ambilight set up and obviously gives me everything a few pushes away.

I have been "Testing" the Mag254 this morning and it has stuttered in places but recovered very quickly and unlike Kodi in its current form passed the "Wife Acceptance Factor" almost instantly.

8. Jolid

Jolid New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Wetek play 2
    Strange we're having so different experiences. I'm also biased towards kodi, also started way back in the xbox media center days.

Internet 30/10 mbit/s (Fiber)

Hardware Specs
    Processor (CPU): Quad-core (Amlogic S905H)
    GPU: Mali MP-450 Penta core
    RAM Memory: 2 GB DDR III
    Ethernet: 1000 Mbit/s (Gigabit Ethernet)
    (Wetek play 2)

No tinkering with kodi whatsoever, no advanced setting no nothing. kodi 17 latest beta for android.

9. jamieb

jamieb New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Hmm im still running 16.1 i might upgrade a machine to the beta and see how that goes.

Long shot but are you using a theme?

10. Jolid

Jolid New Member

30%
    Liked:
    Device:
    Wetek play 2
    Yeah give it a try. Using the default skin.

my guess is that the reason for different experiences lies in things hard to affect for u or me. I remember when I lived abroad and was using internet that had the same speed that I was used to from Sweden, but were a whole other experience, meaning slow as .... But that's things outside my knowledge.

Keeping my fingers crossed for for you.

11. Rapid IPTV

Rapid IPTV Administrator Staff Member Administrator

100%
    Liked:
    Home Page:
    Device:
    Everything
    RapidIPTV KODI plugin by KAY is official.